Sunday, February 15, 2009

Artist Topic #4

When I think of the old video games, like space invaders and pong, when remade or reproduced in this day and age, I think of pop art. Natalie Bookchin created a web based piece that is based on a short story by Jorge Luis Borges that resembles a video game. I’m not sure how I feel about uniting of the high art of the story, and the low culture is kind of heavy handed. This is especially the case in the translation between Borge’s story and Pong. She has the player bounce the girl between the “brothers.”
I would like to play Metapet, I hope it is like neopets. I play neopets every day and invest in the neopets stockmarket, my favorite games are Destruct-o-Match III and advervideo (it is the most blatantly corrupt part of the website).

No comments:

Post a Comment